3.8.11

David Foster Wallace interview from 1997

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/5639

This interview is incredible, topics include: pedagogy, Lynch films (a much more intelligent analysis than I have heard many places), the use of the term "post-modern", women not often enjoying Western films (I was raised on them, so this excludes me), Paul Cézanne's desire to make a large, great painting: "What the really great artists do is they are entirely themselves". He also refers to his early self as a "library wieny".

2 comments:

  1. Here's an intelligent analysis of Lynch films: they suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big fan of Lynch films either, that is why I thought his analysis was interesting. He sees the films in a completely different way, they have more meaning for him. His films are almost always too extreme to be useful in saying much about life.

    ReplyDelete